No matter the location, water, dust and particulates have a high chance to enter the gear oil box. So some works must be done ahead of time:
1. Timely filter the contaminants in the oil; these contaminants are worn out particles which would erode the gear surface.
2. Water will interfere with the oil film and cause corrosion to the gear surface; water should be settled and filtered out in time.
3. Control the oil temperature; the higher the oil temperature, the faster the oxidation, the shorter the lifespan of oil.
4. Check the oil surface on time to see if there is need to add in oil or remove blockage.
5. Take oil samples to tests on schedule, and compare its indicators to the table.